Are you a skilled bank Controller seeking a dynamic opportunity? Look no further! Our client, a locally owned community bank that has been growing since the early 2000s, is on the verge of crossing the $1 billion mark with 10 locations. Renowned for its family-oriented culture and community focus, this bank offers a relaxed atmosphere and hosts fun tailgate baseball parties, affiliating itself with the TX Rangers.
As the Controller, you’ll play a vital role in overseeing the bank’s accounting department functions. Collaborating with the CFO, you will prepare and review financial statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance. Annual reporting at both the holding company and subsidiary levels will fall under your purview, as well as the meticulous preparation and submission of the FDIC Call Report.
Additional requirements for this Controller Opportunity:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting principles
- 10 years’ accounting experience
- General banking expertise with a focus on federal funds transactions and bank account reconciliations
- In-depth knowledge of financial reporting in the banking industry
- Deadline-oriented with keen attention to detail
- Basic computer operations knowledge (Email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Proven experience as a Controller or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of FDIC Call Report preparation
- Familiarity with financial statement preparation and review
- Leadership skills with the ability to provide training and guidance to the team
- Detail-oriented approach with a focus on accuracy and compliance
If you would like to be considered for this career growth opportunity, please confidentially email your resume via this website, or directly to me at [email protected] I can be reached directly at (505) 465-8210 (call or text).
We are Sandias Executive Search, an employee-owned company now marking our 25th year of exemplary placement services. We have been named one of Albuquerque’s Fastest Growing Companies a record eleven years in a row and one of Albuquerque’s Best Places to Work. Our mission is to work with the best candidates and companies in the industry with professionalism, integrity and confidentiality. For more information, visit www.hirebankers.com.